Anyone who grew up in the 1950s or 1960s, will remember how hazardous electrical plugs used to be. It wasn’t unknown to plug something in and receive a sudden electric shock. Nowadays however electricity should flow around your home with ease- you should never have to suffer those hair-raising electrical charges when plugging in devices.
However, because we have more electrical devices than ever, and frequently use extension leads, maintenance is still extremely important. If overheated, your system could end up causing a serious fire.
Do sparks fly with your electricals? Are you worried about the safety of your household?
Although things can go wrong with modern electricals, older systems are much more precarious. This is partly because they have rewireable fuses, which automatically disconnect the circuit if anything goes wrong. Faulty and outdated wiring can be extremely dangerous, and should be updated or regularly maintained.
Electrical maintenance is particularly important if you’re a landlord, as you are responsible for the safety of gas and electric systems.
Whether you need a part rewiring, internet system or energy saving systems, Lux Electrical, your local domestic electrical contractor provide everything electrical-related, including installations, maintenance and repairs.